Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lone Sock

I feel and hope that I will get better at posting, but making sure my camera is ready and conveniently waiting when I have an idea is almost impossible! I find myself thinking that I should stop and capture my progress but then I want to continue my progress while I can…Hence I have mostly pictures of completed projects or no pictures at all.


I can only laugh about this because it was intended to be a present. I completed one whole sock, of my own design, and just could not convince myself to do the other one. The punch line is that I then got inspired by a cowl pattern from Lionbrand Yarns (an after Christmas post) and used up almost all of the yarn I had for that sock project. So I have my lone sock :). 



This is not the first time that I have started and then taken a break in the middle but this will be the first time that I am choosing to not finish. At this point I can't really decide what I should do next, take it apart and do something else with the yarn or keep it as a pattern and example. 

So my lone sock sits in the bottom of my yarn bag, swimming around with the rest of stuff; candy, spare change and pocket knife.  I do have to say, my knitting bag is much more organized as of late because of my incredibly talented sister-in-law. She made me a small bag “to place things” which is perfect for my scissors, measuring tape, stitch markers and holders and other yarn what-not. Thank you for an already functional Christmas Gift!

 See you all in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment