Monday, March 7, 2011

Snow Day

Yes, a snow day...it may have been in the mid 30s this past weekend, raining like there was no tomorrow and melting/ condensing about 50% of our accumulation but at about 2:30 yesterday the temperature again dropped below the freezing point and the precipitation turned from clear to white. Because it had not been so warm the snow started sticking almost immediately though we did not have much accumulation the rest of the afternoon and evening. 

When I got up this morning I decided to not look outside and go about the morning ritual as usual though I don't really know why but let me say this, my employer delayed opening for 2 hours because there was so much snow. This is Vermont-they never delay opening a business that isn't a public school. So there I was around lunch time..full of energy looking out of the windows and 18+ inches of snow checking my email and getting work done like a good employee. :(

A desperate thought occurred to me- The driveway and walkway need to be shoveled..maybe I could convince my husband to come out into the white abyss...There is nothing quite like having to do work on a snow day to inspire dreams of shoveling and being pummeled with snowballs. 

It was great, I started out by jumping off the banister of the front steps-it was epic. We threw snow balls, we tackled each other, we attempted trekking into the back yard (we gave up quickly), it was so much fun. 

I can't help wondering what others are doing or did on their last snow day...

Plus I can now say that I did play in the snow at least once this winter, well in the last 2 years... 

No comments:

Post a Comment