Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick Cowl Triumph!

Hello from the New Year! I find it amazing that this is my first post as I think almost daily of the projects and dinners that I want to write about. It will be crazy as soon as I get going I swear!

Back to my quick cowl triumph!


I was looking for a small quick easy project to work on as I have hit a motivation road block with the sweater I am working on. It got a bit more complicated than I am ready for and I just can’t seem to be finding time to dedicate to it, strangely. In the great House Reorganization of 2011 (which I intend to talk about soon) I had found a few more crochet hooks and some bits of yarn that didn’t really fit into any of my skein end project ideas.

I love the idea of cowls and I have one that I made last year which is nice but not totally what I wanted it to be so a second try was exciting.


 I had a bit less than half is a skein of Lionbrand Homespun pink left over from another project that struck my fancy so off I went on Monday. First with the wrong size, it was way too big, so I took it apart. The next night I tried this weird diamond pattern thing- not good at all. It took too much concentration and time.  So yesterday I was scoping out my usual yarn and pattern websites and I saw a cowl done with a large sized hook and a simple double crochet stitch. It was perfect! I got home last night, hunted down my biggest hook – a size M wooden hook from my mom and got to work. Of course I had to stop and find an emery board, the hook and gotten a bit beat-up and kept on snagging on the yarn.

Two hours last night and 20 minutes in the car this morning I have exactly what I wanted! Major Triumph!


Here you can see the two together.. any my littlest helper, Charlie-my youngest. 


1 comment: