Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today

The weather was so nice today, in the high 20's to low thirties, there was a chilly wind but nothing like the -20's we had last week. Even my house is staying a bit warmer.

However I cannot pretend that I am not sitting in my kitchen with fingerless gloves, two sweaters and a heated blanket on my lap. I am keeping a steady stream of boiling hot tea in my oversize mug and considering putting on another layer.

The thing that really amazes me is how the cats keep warm. They curl up on top of the fridge or snuggle up together.  Only Henry seems okay with sitting on a cold surface. Both Charlie and Tina will go out of their way to sit on something soft or thermal. I guess that has to do with Henry being built for cold weather. He has very thick long fur which gets bigger and thicker in the winter, somehow. He also has fur between his toes that covers the bottom of his feet. Which, by the way, creates a whole bunch of entertainment when he is playing on our smooth wood floors.


But Charlie and Tina, my two short hair cats have found the best way to keep warm. I have to say I am jealous of their ability hang out in the warmest spot in the house.


If only I was small and could hang out by a heating vent...

No comments:

Post a Comment