Sunday, June 5, 2011

on my mind...

Lately I have been bursting with great crafty ideas and filled with a yearning to do...something.... Every time I turn around a new idea comes to me; a cotton shell to wear over tanks for work, a sandwich roll idea using pizza dough, trying to adapt my bread recipe into cinnamon swirl, making a skirt.. and the list goes on. I also again find myself starting blog posts in my head but I never write anything. This is frustrating for me because if I don't take the time to write things down and think projects through I forget – either the whole thing or some key part.

All of this creative thought leads me to believe that summer is finally here and that I am more effected by the seasons than I realized. The season thing can and will be remedied as I have quite a few months and even some snow magic before I really get down. The Summer thing is something much harder to believe. Yes, there are blooming flowers – my azaleas looked fabulous this year, and the weather is warmer but I have yet to see the sun for more than a few hours at a time and we have had more rain that I know what to do with. In fact we had flash flooding just last weekend – the 100 year cycle coming around again me thinks. Of course it was in the middle of the night so the pictures are just aftermath.

This is our side walk covered in the silt from the river breaching its bank and flooding our neighborhood. The water came right up to the foundation of the house. We luckily had minimal damage. 

But that is not what I am here to declare.

Since I am up at a totally unreasonable hour and have an excessive amount of time in the mornings, even after feeding the cats and myself, making lunch and doing a small exercise routine, I plan on doing 5 to 10 minutes of writing a day. Not everything will be published but I think it will help me to get thoughts out and recorded and to make more progress on the substantial back log of blog post subjects that I have.

We shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment